Trying to get value from bargains is tricky business and it can obviously get you mixed results. So what happened with our previous bargain options list? Here’s a short recap:
- PJ Washington– Played almost 40 minutes and got the win but did not do much. 15-4-3 plus 1 block but at his price, that line is still solid.
- Moritz Wagner– 9-6-3 which is not but at his price range at DK, you can do better.
- Matisse Thybulle– Richardson played but Thybulle still got the better portion of the playing time pie, 26-19. He finished with 13 points, five rebounds, a dime, a steal, and three treys made.
- Ish Smith– 13 points, five assists, one block but felt like he could have done more in 38 minutes
- Kent Bazemore– The blowout nature of the game contributed but he really shouldn’t be trusted nowadays. Baze finished with four points, three rebounds, and an assist in 19 minutes.
Here are some of the best bargain options for Dec. 11, 2019:
1.) Mitchell Robinson, C, NY Knicks
Yahoo: $17; DraftKings: $5,800
Robinson and a steady stream of minutes? That’s a pretty good combination and it shows. The young big man is averaging 11.7 points, 9.3 rebounds, 1.7 steals, and 2.3 blocks over the past three games. The best thing about Robinson’s showing was he only committed TWO personal foul over the last 83minutes of playing time including the Portland game.
I think coach Mike Miller has already found his future starting center.
2.) Ben McLemore, SG/SF, Houston Rockets
Yahoo: $14; DraftKings: $5,400
Twenty six threes made over the past five games? That’s how you know you’re blazing hot!
McLemore is volcanic over the past few games averaging 20.4 points plus 4.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists. He will cool off at some point but I don’t think one can point fingers if you want to ride the hottest hand as of the moment.
3.) Trevor Ariza, SG/SF, Sacramento Kings
Yahoo: $11; DraftKings: $4,500
If you have followed basketball long enough, Ariza was actually teammates with his current coach Luke Walton in one championship Lakers team (2009).
I’m implying Ariza is no spring chicken and may well be taking a veteran mentorship role in this Kings squad. I’m not expecting him to play this many minutes and playing this well.
Averaging 25.3 minutes over the past five games, Ariza registers eight points, 4.6 rebounds, two assists, and two “stocks” per game in that span.
4.) Tomas Satoransky, PG/SF, Chicago Bulls
Yahoo: $16; DraftKings: $5,700
Sato had two bad games out of the last three but the good news is, the minutes were there. He is still averaging over 26 FP in the last six games.
5.) Moe Harkless, SF/PF, Los Angeles Clippers
Yahoo: $10; DraftKings: $4,200
Harkless has topped the 30-minute mark over the past two games (9.5 points and 10 rebounds per game in that span) with injuries to Patrick Patterson and JaMychal Green. However, if both Patterson and Green are good to go, there’s nothing much to see about Harkless.
Featured Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Associated Press